PEST CONTROL FOR COCKROACHES, ANTS, BED BUGS & SILVERFISH
PestGuard operate a comprehensive and reliable pest control management system to cater for all types of crawling insects such as cockroaches, ants, bed bugs and silverfish. Our pest control solutions mean that we minimise any chance of recurrence of the pest control problem whether its in a commercial or residential setting.
COCKROACH CONTROL SERVICES
Ireland’s most common cockroach species (the German Cockroach) inhabits environments of heat and steam such as kitchens, often taking harbourage within small crevices in cupboards and electrical appliances. Cockroaches may spread gastric diseases such as dysentery, gastroenteritis and typhoid. It is imperative that once detected a comprehensive cockroach management programme is implemented immediately as infestations may become increasingly difficult to eradicate the longer the period it may have to develop.
PestGuard’s 6 Stage Cockroach Control Programme
PestGuard offers an integrated cockroach management programme which entails a 6 stage approach;
- Site Audit: A comprehensive initial site inspection is carried out by fully trained personnel inspecting for both explicit and subtle tell tail signs of infestation, as well as current housekeeping and proofing issue which may be causing or exacerbating current infestations
- Monitoring Points: Installation of attractant cockroach monitoring points in all areas of suspected infestation. This allows for greater accuracy and trend analysis of inspections.
- Follow-up Inspection: These baited units are given time to take effect and are inspected on a follow up inspection visit.
- Controlled Spray Treatment: If the premises is found to be heavily infested a controlled spray treatment of infected areas is carried out to bring infestation numbers under control. Once again proofing and housekeeping audits and recommendations will be made.
- Follow up treatment inspections: Follow up treatment inspections involve the inspection and replacement of cockroach monitoring points and also the introduction of a strategic baiting program which is applied throughout problem areas.
- Strategic Baiting Programme: Scheduled follow up inspections see the premises inspected, monitoring points replaced and the strategic baiting programme continued where necessary.
Due to the climate in Ireland there are only a few species of ant that can thrive here. However the few that do survive here can be a nuisance if they enter your premises. The Garden or Black ant are not know to carry diseases but they can case a major headache for home and business owners. They can explore there surrounding extensively during late spring and summer months
- Workers 4-5mm long.
- Queens 15mm long.
- Dark brown-black in colour.
- 1 small segment at waist point (pedicel).
- No sting
- Queen winters in the soils and lays eggs early spring
- Larvae normally hatch 3-4 weeks after
- Worker ants emerge and look after larvae and nest care
- Male ants for breeding are produce later In the year
- Ants will travel extensively looking for foodmore often sweet sources
- Nest or colonies will be mainly outdoors in soil or sand deposits in garden or under slabing areas.
- Mainly in the sunny side of buildings
In the past number of years an alarming increase in bed bug infestations have led to a bug that was previously known from a nursery rhyme becoming a much larger problem. With people traveling more and more visitors coming to our shores the number of bed bugs in Ireland has increased.
Bed bugs stay close to their food source,which is us, so never travel further than the bed we sleep in unless the infestation has gotten out of hand. They breed easily and can be spread through our luggage, clothing. They are hard to treat but once a specific plan is put in place the problem can be resolved.
- Blood Spotting on sheets
- Little black dots on head of bed, mattress or skirting.
- Bugs themselves like to hide in crevices and creases in mattress or bed frame.
- Moulting skins of bed bugs
- Adult Bed Bugs are Light Brown to reddish Brown In colour. Oval Shaped
- Adults Grow 4-6mm in lengfht
- Newly hatched Nymphs are Transulcent and become browner once they begin Moulting
- Bed Bug lay tiny adeshive eggs in fabric fold and crevices. This must ne found and destroyed to ensure that any treatment works
- Bed Bugs Feed off of Humans and are attracted by the heat of our bodies and the carbon dioxide emitted by us at night.