- Professional Bird deterrant measures – The most effective way to prevent bird infestations is to stop the bird landing and roosting altogether. Click here to read more on PestGuards bird deterrant measures; Anti Perch Deterrent, Netting and Avi Shock.
- Ensuring rubbish is properly sealed in bins
- Hiding possible food sources will help cut off birds food source however they can still find other food sources nearby, particularly in urban areas.
What doesn’t work:
- It is futile to trap and relocate birds due to their incredible homing instinct. Pigeons can find their original nest even if relocated 15 thousand miles away.
- Lethal control methods only provide a temporary fix as if the environment is favourable, more birds will still come to nest. Seagulls return to their nesting site every year and can live up to 40 years.
- Bird repellent decoys do not work, birds will not be fooled by a plastic owl. Unfortunately bird control takes a lot more effort, usually in the form of professionally installed physical deterrents.